Lockdown easing in England won't take place from June 21st as expected, the government has announced.
The lifting of all COVID restrictions has been pushed back until 19 July – although a review will take place in two weeks.
The delay is because of concerns over the Delta variant of COVID. Cases are growing by about 64% per week and in the worst affected areas, rates are doubling, UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson has said.
More time is needed to vaccinate people before COVID restrictions can be removed, the PM said. However, a few restrictions are being lifted.
What am I allowed to do at the moment?
- Pubs, cafes, bars, and restaurants can reopen indoors
- Holiday accommodations have reopened
- Cinemas, amusement arcades and bingo halls can open
- Indoor visitor attractions, including museums and galleries, can open
- Leisure centres, gyms and swimming pools can reopen, and indoor group exercise is allowed
- Outdoor contact sports are allowed
- Travel around the UK is allowed, and some international travel can resume
- Care home residents can receive visitors
- Wedding receptions and funeral wakes, as well as some outdoor events, can take place
Who can I meet at the moment?
- In England, groups of up to 30 can meet outdoors and six people or two households can meet indoors
- In Wales, three households can form an extended household and mix in private homes; up to 30 people can meet outdoors in a public place or private garden
- In Northern Ireland, up to six people from two households can meet in private homes and overnight stays are allowed; up to 15 people from no more than three households can meet outdoors, including in private gardens
2 thoughts on “COVID restrictions remain until July 19th”
I am really enjoying the theme/design of your
weblog. Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility issues?
A small number of my blog visitors have complained about my site not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in Firefox.
Do you have any ideas to help fix this problem?
I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great.
I don’t know who you are but certainly you’re going to a famous blogger if you aren’t already 😉 Cheers!