Work in the UK with Graduate Visa

Graduate Visa

International students to stay and work in the UK after graduating from university

International students, who have successfully completed an undergraduate or postgraduate British degree will be able to benefit from extra two or three years stay in the UK, gaining work experience, through the new Graduate Route. This immigration scheme will be available to students who have a valid student visa at the time of application and have a higher degree at an Education Provider with a track record of compliance.

What is a Graduate Visa?

This newly announced Visa allows international students who have finished their studies to spend more time living in the UK. They can find employment, be self-employed, and even travel abroad and return to the UK.

The Graduate visa will last for exactly 2 years, or 3 years if you have a PhD or other doctoral qualification, and cannot be extended. However, you can still apply for another visa before it expires, such as a Skilled Worker Visa.


Who is eligible for a Graduate Visa?

You must meet all of the following criteria:

  1. You must currently be in the UK. You cannot apply from outside!
  2. You have a valid and ongoing Student Visa or the older Tier 4 Visa.
  3. You must have completed an undergraduate or postgraduate degree.
  4. You have studied the full length of your course, with a minimum of 12 months.

There are also some other courses eligible for the third step, such as law courses or a foundation programme in medicine/dentistry. You can click here to find a full list.

How you can apply?

You can apply online. You must apply before your Student Visa expires. You can apply as soon as your university tells you that your studies have concluded; you do not have to wait until you have officially graduated or received your degree!

As part of the application process, you will be asked for proof of your identity. You will be charged £822 for the application and £624 for each year you will be spending in the UK. There are some discounts available for certain people. Click here to find out more.

It will take about 8 weeks for a decision to be made.


Is there any other way?

You can apply for a Health & Care Worker Visa if you intend to work in the health sector after graduation. It is cheaper than a Graduate Visa and does not include the additional yearly charge. Drop us a message if you are interested in pursuing a degree in Healthcare.

Interested in studying in the UK?

UNI Britannica Ltd is a registered British education agent with incorporated company number 11538246. We are accredited by a number of UK universities to represent their programmes around the world and we have 200+ undergraduate and postgraduate courses to choose from.

Book a free consultation or browse our catalogue and learn more about us and our services for home and international students.

2 thoughts on “Work in the UK with Graduate Visa”

  1. Hey there outstanding website! Does running a blog like this require a large amount of work?

    I have virtually no expertise in coding however I had been hoping to start my
    own blog soon. Anyhow, if you have any suggestions
    or techniques for new blog owners please share. I understand this is off topic but I simply needed to ask.


  2. An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto
    a friend who was doing a little homework on this. And he actually ordered me lunch due to the
    fact that I discovered it for him… lol. So allow me to reword this….
    Thanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending the time to talk about this
    issue here on your blog.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *